Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Too Much Stuff


Our ocean shipment finally arrived so I've been swamped finding a home for all my stuff for lack of a better word. I had my own idea of how I would unpack and dove into it without any thought beforehand. I would start in a room and unwrap items and either put them away or set them somewhere. When that room became overwhelming, I moved to another room and did the same thing.

My husband thought I should open and put away one box at a time but I disagreed. I felt I needed to see everything before I could decide where it should go. He was also at work most of the time so I proceeded to follow my pattern. It left the whole house a mess.


The first order of business was to find our mattress pad and sheets. We weren't going to sleep on air mattresses one more night. It had been seven long weeks.


We also didn't know that the day our shipment arrived, it ended up being 97 degrees. I thought it was a little hot but we were so busy we didn't pay attention. Then at 7:00 that night, Curt (hubby) decided to turn on the air condidtioning after seeing the evening news. We had air coming through the vents but it wasn't cold. Luckily, it was only a fuse and he was able to run to the hardware store and fix it.


I missed Louie, our cat (actually our son's cat) while we were in South Korea and yes, he only has three legs. He loved playing in the paper and boxes and found a home in one of our dresser drawers.

He also approves our the new queen bed for our guest room. We bought this before the move so that people would have a place to sleep when they visit. It turned out that my Korean girlfriends spent the most time in this bed. We would have a lot of great sleepovers. I miss you Hannah, Hellena and Jennifer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...