Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Unique Find in South Korea


The last week we lived in South Korea was spent shopping in Seoul. There are so many little stores all over the city. We were shopping with Hannah, my Korean girlfriend, when we walked by this jewelry shop. It was the size of a large walk in closet and the inside was filled of unique one-of-a-kind creations.

The shop owner was sitting on a stool diligently working on a pair of earrings when we walked in. He told us that he made all the jewelry including the lampwork beads and metalwork. He used buttons and dice to make earrings. His jewelry also incorporated found objects and showed how talented he was.


I did manage to talk my husband into buying me this necklace. I could have spent a fortune there. I wish I would have asked if I could have taken some pictures. I definitely want to see his shop again the next time I visit Seoul.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...