Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Old Postcards


My grandfather collected postcards from all over the world. Most were purchased by him in his travels but he also saved ones that were sent to him by family and friends. The dates range from the early 1900's through the 1940's.

When I was a little girl, I loved to visit my grandparents and rifle through trunks and shelves in their basement. I found a bunch of old postcards throw into trunk and my grandmother let me have them. They fill an old shoebox and I just recently discovered them tucked away in my closet.

This postcard really shocked me. I can't imagine driving into a new town and seeing that.

Postcards are a wonderful and inexpensive souvenir to remember your travels. I bought quite a few while living in South Korea but I don't know where I put them. I'll try to find them and post a few.


1 comment:

  1. That last one is really something! I used postcards in the back of a shadow box I had built to keep some mementos from Japan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...