Friday, November 27, 2009

How I Design


I have two ways of designing. The first is having a journal where I sketch out my thoughts. This has worked well for polymer clay but I find that it doesn't work for me when I'm designing in maedeup. Often a maedeup design will start with a special pendant and then I pick a cording color to compliment the pendant. I will roughly sketch out the necklace or bracelet on an index card including the knots I will use. I then mentally calculate how much cording I need and error on the side of too much versus too little. When I'm finished I put everything into a snack size Ziplock bag. I have a basket full of little bags with projects I haven't gotten to yet. Sometimes my mind goes faster than my fingers can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...