Monday, April 5, 2010

Maedeup Monday!


One of the projects we had to do in maedeup class to incorporate all the knots we had learned was to make a belt. I made a necklace just to take the easy way out. This is the incredible belt my Korean girlfriend Hellena made and she is holding it around her incredibly tiny waist.
Hellena is one if not the smartest person I have ever met. She is fluent in three languages: Korea, Chinese and English. She had just starting learning English a year before we met her and she was fluent and spoke it very well. Su-Mi, our maedeup teacher, would only have to show Hellena the maedeup knot once and she knew it. I would have never survived without her.
She put a lot of time into this belt and then gave it to me. I tried to tell her I could not accept it but she insisted. So in my Korea apartment, it proudly hung like a picture on the wall and now back in the U.S. it is also displayed on the wall.
She is a flight attendant with Quatar Airlines right now but she will be in Seoul when we are there and I haven't seen her for over a year. We stay in contact through email and occasion SKYPEing. But we both have a hard time talking to each other without the tears starting to flow.
I can't wait to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...