Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Flea Market Sunday!!


There is a huge flea market every Sunday in St. Charles, Il which is a little over an hour from Rockford which is where we were this past weekend visiting the folks. You never know what you will find at a flea market like what I saw in a truck. Luckily, I had my camera.


We also saw this hippie dude selling tye-dyed t-shirts.


My sister bought these cute bugs for her yard.


I bought this one.


Rocketman who passed on the flea market (not his favorite thing to do and besides, he thinks we have enough junk) wondered while I would buy old rusty tools. He failed to see the art in it.


I also bought this bird feeder. It's guaranteed to be squirrel proof and I saw a squirrel go flying off of it just the other day. WooHoo!


I also picked up this old cookbook for a buck. I love cookbooks which makes no sense since I don't like to cook. It had a lot of interesting recipes like...


Baked Coon


and Rabbit. Those are two recipes I'll be passing on.
It also had some cooking tips:




I also bought some garlic summer sausage that was heavenly tasting and Rocketman fully approved. My folks who also went, bought me some corn on the cob.
I was scared to death driving there due to the fog. I have never driven in such fog. It was scary. I drove slow and couldn't see more than a car length in front of me at times. We were at a stop light when I saw a gal coming at me fast. I told my folks we were going to be hit and at the last minute she was able to swerve around us into the other lane and stop for the light. I even saw people driving without their lights on.
Luckily the fog burned off while we were shopping. It was great!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...