Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eating Out in South Korea

First, my heart and prayers go out to those living in Japan. I watched all the news as it was happening on the earthquake and tsunami and was horrified at the devastation. I couldn't believe how close we live to Japan and felt nothing. My ikebana teacher lived in Japan for seven years and I'm sure she worries about friends she left behind.


We have been eating mighy fine when we eat out here in South Korea. This is a picture of my favorite Nolboo budae jjigae before it gets it's boil on.


This was french fries and spicy chicken nuggets with a sweet barbeque sauce.

I forgot the name of this but we had it with Jeff while finishing up the furniture shopping. It was cold noodles and the staff was afraid it was too spicy for the foreigners. It wasn't too spicy to eat at first but then after a few minutes the burning sensation in the mouth started. Even Jeff had a hard time with the heat. I could only finish half of the bowl and it was the small size. I didn't eat the hugh onion pieces because I'm not a big fan of raw onions especially when they are huge chunks.


We eat at Pizza Hut every once in awhile when we want to get our pizza fix but this time we didn't order the usual pepperoni pizza. We ordered a set which came with this pasta which was sooo spicy it had us both sweating.


This pizza, we were told was very spicy and they were worried about us but it turned out that the pasta was way more spicy.
My poor Rocketman caught my cold and is napping right now. He leaves for Thailand on Wednesday for a teambuilding vacation and returns on Sunday. Hannah, one of my Korean girlfriends just quit her job yesterday where she was basically being treated like a slave. She had to work 10 hour days, six days a week and put up with a lot of harrassment from the owner. I have only seen her once since we have arrived.
She is going to come down this week and stay for awhile. I told her she could relax and de-stress. Rocketman is hoping she stays the whole time he is gone. He worries about me when he is not here. Hannah also loves to cook so we look forward to that!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...