Monday, March 28, 2011

Maedeup Monday!

At the festival yesterday, we found a knotting booth.  She specialized in all Asian knots from Korean to Chinese.  You could make this bracelet for a few dollars.  I had never seen this knot before and I asked her if it was maedeup to which she said that it was.  I'm skeptical but will add it to the knots I want to learn.

My maedeup class has been changed from Fridays to Tuesdays.  We will see how things go tomorrow.  I printed out two copies of all the knots I want to learn and I hope that will help her decide what to teach me.  I would also like to make something like a piece of jewelry of wall hanging as I practice.  It makes practicing more fun and it also helps me to practice more knots not just the one I learned.

I am also going to try and videotape the new knot.  I know she is not too happy about it but if it is still a problem then I really will quit and find someone else.  The lady I met yesterday was very nice but her shop is quite a bit south of here but who knows after tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Becky, this knot is beautiful. i can imagine it with many color combinations. DO you get to learn the knots that you wanted to? How was it with your teacher?

    http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be an update on tomorrow's Maedeup Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...