Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Presents!


We never get company so when the doorbell rang with a delivery, I was wondering what it could be. Then I remembered that we had ordered Girl Scout cookies from my cousin's daughers and she had said if we would be in Korea (we weren't sure at that time) that she would send them to us. Jacque, I honestly didn't think you would do it and you should have seen the tears of joy from me and Rocketman as we unpacked the box you sent.

Thank you so much for being so thoughtful and I have shared some with my Korean friends. There is nothing better than Girl Scout cookies. If you knew how much Parmesan cheese is over here, it's like gold bullion.


I forgot to mention that when the metal guy visited last week with the other ladies, he brought me this gift. This is a copper picture made from one of my polymer clay creations that Nan, my chilbo teacher, found on the Internet when she Googled me. Here is the post where they found my sock monkeys. He made that by looking at a picture. Do you wonder why I love South Korea so much? This is just one of the gazillion reasons.


It was also White Day yesterday and that is when the boy is suppose to give the girl chocolates. I told Rocketman I'd rather have this planter I saw in a flower shop near our Home Plus. Isn't it darling? It's a crescent moon.


Here's the side view.
It was so windy today and I had to go to the post office and the bank. Luckily, Jeff from the relocation agency came down from Seoul to return a transformer and get a new one. He asked if I had any errands and he drove me happily to both places. My sister is getting married in a few weeks and I wanted to get her something special from Suwon. I also needed to get some money for Rocketman for his trip tomorrow to Thailand. Jeff also took me out to lunch at a restaurant close to our apartment.
We were talking about the pizza shop that is across the street from our apartment. It's called 59 Pizza. Jeff said that it's rice pizza meaning that the crust is rice. I can't imagine it and I can't believe it would taste good but I'm going to try it one of these days.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...