Friday, April 1, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class #8

 This week chilbo was all about gradiation (Nan's English) and my word for it is blending.  I was learning how to blend the chilbo colors.  First, we started with a pattern that I used tracing paper to copy to the two copper plates.
 It was a lot of tedious work so Nan joined across from me to work on some projects of her own.  It's so hard to get her to smile for the camera.
 But I tried!
 She also managed to grab my camera and take some pictures herself.  These are all taken by Nan.  At least, I was able to remove my dang reading glasses before she snapped the picture.
 This one I was busy concentrating so you see I have my glasses on.  It was a delicate project.
 She also took these pictures of projects she was working on.
 These are drying on top of the kiln.  You can't put wet enamel into a kiln or the moisture will pop off and leave an enamel mess.  It's a good place to dry enamel.
 She covered alumunum shapes in hanji (Korean paper) and then painted onto them.  They are gorgeous!!
 She took these pictures when I wasn't paying attention.
 I got the flowers done and class was over.  She put this in a safe place so nothing will happen to it until I return next week. 
She also saw me eyeing this painting from a vendor during last weekend's festival.  She surprised me by giving it to me as a gift.  She also told me that after class next week we are going for some sort of facial electrolysis.  It didn't translate well in the computer from Korean to English so I have no idea what I'm in for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...