Monday, April 25, 2011

Maedeup Monday!

 I was working on this necklace shortly before we moved back to South Korea.  I love to wear crosses and I had bought this pendant at JoAnn's.  I love just a simple chain of dorae maedeups with  accents of silver garakji maedeups. I found the pendant which was so small task.  Our Korean apartment comes with many drawers in which to store things and I couldn't remember where I had put my maedeup supplies.


I also found out a few months ago that a dear friend had lost his battle with cancer. I have known him and his wife since I was a teenager. I was able to witness firsthand how they fell in love and married.  Debbie even officiated at our daughter's wedding.  I wanted to make something special for her and their two daughters.  I had bought these crosses at Dongdaemum and thought they would be the perfect pendant for the maedeup necklaces.  I hope they like them.

Rocketman had an interesting weekend.  He took Friday off which ended up being a rainy day so we just hung around home.  He got an urgent call at 5 pm from his company's plant manager.  There was  a major problem and would he be able to work on Saturday.  He thought he would only be there a few hours but it turned out that he worked all day.   He was bummed because there was another festival that he wanted to attend with me.  He came home tired and had to pack because he was leaving Sunday, Easter Sunday, for Taiwan for the week.  I went to the festival without him and I'll tell you all about it tomorrow.  It was incredible!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...