Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lights, Camera, Action!

 A camera crew from a Korean cable television station was at our apartment last night to interview me.  Rocketman left work early so he could be there and Jennifer and Vanessa from our relocation agency were also on hand.  I really wasn't nervous except for the fact that I wasn't sure what they wanted me to do.  They didn't speak any English so the girls took turns translating.
 The first thing I did was do a one minute talk about how much we like our relocation agency.  I had no idea what I was going to say but I did it in two takes.  Rocketman and the girls thought I did great.  I can't even remember what I said but I sure missed Ian from the Carol Duvall Show days letting me know how much time I had left.  He was the stage manager for her show.
 I was told to look at the guy sitting there and just start talking so that is what I did.  That's Vanessa on her phone.  She was having so much fun.
Next we grabbed a bunch of my Korean crafts for them to film.  They also took a copy of my maedeup book, "Elegant Knotted Jewelry."  Then they wanted me in my craft room. 

They really liked my maedeup cording hanging on the wall.  They wanted me to sit on the floor with my small Korean table and do some maedeup while they taped.  Rocketman was suppose to be following me around and getting pictures but as you can see the only picture I have is the one I took of my maedeup wall.

The final thing was they wanted to record me and Rocketman talking.  It wasn't going to have any sound so it didn't matter what we said but they we should keep talking for a few minutes.  Rocketman FREAKED when he heard this, he's a behind the scenes kinda guy but he quickly agreed since he really didn't have any choice. So we sat on our sofa and just talked, awkwardly but it was fine.

That was the end of it.  They were here for an hour, packed up and left.  I had some Indian rice and curry cooking all day and it was easy to talk the girls into staying for dinner.  It was a great experience and I have no idea what will happen with it.  Vanessa is going to keep in touch with them.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...