Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling)

 Today in chilbo I made this necklace and ring set.  The story behind it was that I saw Young-Soo making a set a few weeks ago and I fell in love with it.  It's sterling silver so the forms were costly but I love how it turned out.
This is what they looked like before they were fired.

We had a health scare in the family which rocked my world yesterday.  My mother had a mass removed from her that was the size of a volleyball.  She is doing well and I only found out the day before the surgery.  She knew about it when I was home a month ago and didn't tell me because she knew I would have stayed.  My emotions have veered from anger to shock to relief.  Rocketman being gone has not helped.  She should be home by this weekend and I struggle with the guilt of not being there.  But the important thing is the mass was benign and she will recover. 

Thank you God and Buddha (I was praying for all the help I could get). 

1 comment:

  1. Those are gorgeous! I'm glad your mother is okay. That would be difficult news to deal with from so far away--even being good news!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...