Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling)

 I found a surprise today when I walked into chilbo class.  Nan was having an air conditioning unit installed and not a moment too soon.  It's been in the 90's all week.  The happiness was infectious and I found myself smiling the whole class. 
 Young-Soo came in and things are going a lot better for her noodles restaurant.  It is going to open this Saturday and there is a festival that will be going on too.  We celebrated with lunch.  I had bibimbap.
 Here are the side dishes that came with our lunch.
                                                                     Here is the tabletop.
 I also picked up some of my chilbo pieces that I had framed.  The wood guy put a piece of wood behind each piece.  When I was back in the States, I picked up all my chilbo pieces so they could be framed.
 I knew it would be a lot cheaper than getting it done in the U.S.  Wood guy only charged me 6000 won ($5.60 USD) per piece and I had twelve pieces.
I also finished my miniature class homework.  I had to make some dishes.  I'm not used to working with air-dry clay and I must say I don't like it as well as polymer clay.  I guess it gets some getting used to.  I do wish I had my polymer clay and all my tools here in South Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...