Thursday, July 14, 2011

Miniature Class

 Today was my first miniature class.  The class is twice a month on Thursday's from 10 am to 4 pm  with a break for lunch.  The miniature shop even has a book and I was lucky to get a copy of it.
 This is what we are making.  Today we started by making a lot of the food.  My teacher used air-dry clay and it's something I haven't used in a long time and it's a little different than polymer clay.  It comes in white and she had us add acrylic paint to color the clay. 
 These are some more samples of what we will be making in class.
 Here's what I did and it was  A LOT harder than I thought it would be.  It probably doesn't help that I'm a little rusty too.
 This is some homework.  Can you guess what it is?  It's sawdust mixed with acrylic paint.  I need a sifter to sift it into a fine powder that we will use as gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste).
 This is what I made during the class. Next week we will paint the food to finish it.
 I also made these plates but they didn't survive the ride home so I'll need to redo them.
We also made this cool stamp to make the tray that holds Korean side dishes. As you can see we were kept pretty busy and I think we all were tired when we left. There are three of us in the class so it's small and intimate. The next class is scheduled for next Thursday.



Look what I had for lunch!!  It was delicious!!  I can't wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...