Friday, August 26, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling)





I finished with the enameling of my daughter's Korean jewelry box.  I went to class three times this week to get all the painting done.  This is how it looked at the end of class today.  Next week, I will fire the pieces and then glue them onto the box.  The flowers look so beautiful and I can't wait to see it finished.

Rocketman had taken the day off to help me with a Costco run.  Usually it's a stressful trip.  The traffic to Seoul, the traffic around Costco, parking (can be a nightmare), shopping (running into rude people) and getting home can all lead to thoughts of never doing it again.  We usually average going every few months and the last time we went which was on a Saturday was horrible and we swore never to do that again.  This time, we left Suwon at around 8:30am and though traffic was nasty, traffic near Costco was sparce.  We got in and parked in record time.  We also shopped without millions of people around.  It was fantastic!  Except for the price of cashews, 28,990 WON!  That is about $26.87 USD.  Even though Rocketman loves his cashews, we passed on them.  That price was just too ridiculous.

Even the drive back was great with few traffic delays.  We were happily surprised all around.  I also thought it might be a zoo since Chuseok is only a few weeks away.  Now my freezer, refrigerator and cupboards are filled and I'm good for a few more months.  I did just run out of chili powder and found none at Costco.  But a co-worker of Rocketman is coming over in a few weeks and we are going to see if we order some on Amazon and deliver it to his place, if he will bring it over for me.  I do like to make chili once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...