Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hanji Kids in Da House!

 Today I had my hanji teacher's kids over to make cookies.  She also dropped off my latest hanji project.
 This is a pretty large size box and I'm going to put a bunch of yarn in it.  I find that I have too much homework to have any time for knitting projects.
 The kids had a blast.  Little Hannah's brother really liked to lick the beater.  Of course, I taught him this American practice.  He is taking cooking classes three days a week to learn how to become a chef so an opportunity to make cookies was a dream come true for him.
Hannah's English is very good after having just spent the last year and a half in Canada.  It was so cute to see them argue.  It reminded me of our two when they were that age.  I still take for granted the act of making cookies but watching these two and their curiousity made me appreciate all the times I made cookies with my mom and then with my own two kids.  At the end of the day, Hannah said that it was the best day of her life. They didn't want to leave but when they had to go, they went with two bags full of cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...