Friday, September 16, 2011

Tiger Chilbo Jewelry Box

 This week in chilbo class I started on my son's Luke tiger box.  I knew he wouldn't want anything too girly and he loves cats of all kinds.  Nan had some beautiful pendants of tigers so I knew that is what I wanted for Luke.  First both sides of the squares were fired with enamel.  This time we went for a clear background and this is how they ended up.
 Nan had a bunch of drawing of tigers that she had used in the past.  In this picture I was tracing the drawing onto the square.
 Next I had to outline the tracings using black enamel paint.  Next week I will fill them in with enamel.
 This is one of her samples.  Isn't it cool!?   I know Luke is going to love this.
                           Here are some pictures of what Nan was working on this week.



They weren't fired yet as she was still working on them.  I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Rocketman comes home today from Japan and leaves on Sunday for China.  Tomorrow one of my dearest friends is coming for a visit.  I met Hellena the first time I lived in Korea and we became very close.  She is a flight attendant for Quatar and has two weeks off.  She is coming straight to our apartment and she is telling her family that she arrives a few days later.  That will give her time to rest and relax.  Her sister tends to take advantage of her by having her do all kinds of errands plus babysitting two little ones.  I can't wait to see her!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...