Sunday, October 23, 2011

Cometa - My Jewelry Guy

 My favorite jewelry designer, Kim Hyung-Mo, had moved and I hadn't had a chance to check out his new place.  Rocketman had to go to Seoul on Thursday for a baseball game so we went to visit his shop that morning.
                   It's down a little street that's filled with tiny shops. It's very near the hanok village.
                                    Here is Kim Hyung-Mo, working on his jewelry.
 His shop is very small but jammed packed with goodies.  Rocketman was as excited as I was and often called me over to show me something.  He also said "you better get that" a lot.  See why I love him so.
                                              This is what I came home with this time.





 

He also gave me a free necklace for coming so far and for being such a good customer.  I was so happy we had come.
We were also hungry after all that shopping and had passed a place called Joe's Sandwich Shop.  We stopped and had a couple of delicious chicken sandwiches.

If you want to check out Cometa yourself, here is how to get there:

Subway line #3, get off at Anguk Station, Exit 3.  Go straight for about 50-100 meters till you see a "Choice" convenience store on the left.  It's a blue colored sign.  Turn left and walk straight for about 2-3 blocks.  You will cross a semi-busy street where you will see a "Mini Stop" on the left side.  His shop is about a half a block from there on the left.

Tell him Becky sent you!

3 comments:

  1. What a cool jewelry store and set up, the displays too! I like to look at jewelry from the other side of the world and get inspiration. I just may take some time off to create earrings and I never make earrings! Looks like you are having the time of your life in Korea Becky, ( your pictures are perfect too! ) :)
    Miss you back here in the states, but thank goodness for Facebook huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love his stuff and so does Rocketman. Why don't you make earrings?? They would be just as fantastic as your jewelry. Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't make earrings due to the fact that I do not create the same thing twice. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...