Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class

 I made a sunflower on Friday in chilbo class.  Rocketman was home so he drove me to chilbo.  It's always great when I can get a ride instead of taking the bus.  Riding city buses is a lot like surfing.  When I have to stand (which happens a lot), I plant my feet perpendicular to each other, bend my knees and hold on for dear life.  I don't hold onto the loops but to the actual metal bar.  You have much more control that way. The bus drivers seem to love their petals, gas and brakes.  They roar up to the stop, slam on the brakes and as soon as the last passenger climbs into the bus, they hit the gas like they are in a drag race.  I can't imagine how often these buses need brake pads replaced, maybe once a month.

Anyway, the photo above is a picture of Nan-Young, my chilbo teacher, taking a picture of my masterpiece.
Here it is.  I was surprised to see Metal Guy at Nan's and he stayed for my whole class and then drove me home.  He seems to be coming around about once a month and it's the only time that I get to see him.  He had some more pictures on his Smartphone of brooches he was working on for Namdaemun customers.  I wish he brought the actual pieces in so I could take pictures to show you how talented he is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...