Friday, December 23, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class


I am having a really hard time with blending (Koreans call it gradation).  It's defintely a technique that takes practice.  This is my second attempt and I think I am improving ever so slowly.

                                        Here it is against the original drawing by Nan Young's teacher.

Nan Young also surprised me with a big container of homemade kimchi, made by her sister.  Now that's how they show their love here in South Korea.  It was the best Christmas present ever!!  My kimchi refrigerator is now full of kimchi.

I couldn't wait to get it home and try it out.  It was delicious but very, very spicy.  I'm used to spice here and it really made my mouth burn for a long time.  Yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...