Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Hanji (Korean Papercrafting) Class

I started a new series of Korean craft classes that will take up the next two Saturdays, from 1-5pm.  It is different from my other hanji  class in that I will be learning how to make hanji figurines.  The classes are being held in a building to the right of the Hwaseong Palace.  She also welcomes walk-ins and lots of kids showed up too.  This week I went from 3-5pm.  This is a picture of some of the hanji shoes my teacher had for sale.
                                                          These were also for sale.
This week it was all about the shoes.  Nan-Young, my chilbo teacher, was also taking the class with me.  We started with these shoes.
 We got to pick the hanji paper we wanted to use and I picked the chartreuse paper.  We had to rip the hanji paper into thin strips, then paint the strips with hanji glue and cover the shoes with ripped, random pieces of paper.  It took quite a while to cover two shoes.
Here is Nan-Young have a blast.  She must have put a sign in her shop because a couple of customers showed up and she had to leave for awhile.
                                                          Here are my finished shoes.
I also made these shoes too.  The forms were already done and I just covered the outside with hanji paper.
If you are keeping count, I now have Korean craft classes every day except Sunday until they come to pack up our apartment on the 27th.  I will be one busy girl but I figure I can take a good rest once we are back home.  The next few weeks are going to fly by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...