Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Homesickness

I'm homesick.  This just doesn't feel like home to me.  Rocketman pointed out to me that during the last five years, three of those years were in South Korea so no wonder home doesn't feel like home.  I had to mail a bill and went to the post office to get stamps. 

As I waited in line for my turn, I noticed these "Forever" stamps and it brought a smile to my face.  I had to get them and what timing to find a little piece of Korea in the post office.  They really are too beautiful to use.
Then I went to our local mall to get some new socks.  For some reason, I put on a pair of socks in the morning, no holes, and by the end of the day when I take them off I find holes.  I was running on fumes when it came to socks and I needed to stock up.  I'm not saying that Korea doesn't have stocks, they do, everywhere but the sizes run really small and do not fit my 9 1/2 size feet.

I was at Macy's when I saw these cute socks.  As I picked them up to look closer at them, I say the tiny words on the bottom "Made in Korea."  I bought them immediately and smiled all the way home. 

I got some pots and pans thanks to my Aunt Katie.  It's a long story but I'm happy that I wouldn't have to try and do without for the month or more it will take until our ocean shipment comes.  I'm just amazed at when I miss Korea, there it is, and when I am in need, there it is.  Life is good but I could do with some more energy.  I'm still a little jetlagged.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...