Monday, March 26, 2012

Sock Yarn Scarf

I came to Korea with the knowledge of how to knit my own socks along with a bunch of sock yarn.  The first couple of months I spent making socks and then making my own socks losts it's luster.  So here I was with lots of sock yarn and no idea what to do with it.

Then it hit me, scarves!!  I made up the pattern and I was so pleased at how they turned out.  I made one for Jeff but forgot to take a picture of it but here is Jennifer with her's.  They are easy to make and with all the wonderful sock yarn colors you can never grow tired.  Sock yarn is pretty much nonexistent in Korea but luckily I had a stash. 
Sock Yarn Scarf
by Becky Meverden
Copywrite 2012
Materials:
Size 2 needles
1 skein sock yarn
Instructions:
1. Cast on 76 stitches.
2. K2, P2 for 3 inches
3. Knit 1 inch
4. Repeat step 2 and 3.

I used the whole skein of yarn and that made a scarf one yard long.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this!

    I've never been satisfied with any socks I've ever made. I've either always used the wrong yarn or the wrong size needles, or something, and they just look... wrong.

    I look forward to giving this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are missing Korean drama.
    We can watch lots of Korean drama with English subtitle in the U.S. I recommend 2 internet sites.

    1. www.hulu.com
    Yes, Hulu is showing lots of K-drama.
    Just type Korea drama in search and you will get lots of high definition K-drama with English subtitle.

    2. www.dramafever.com
    This site is showing lots of new and old K-dramas as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...