Monday, June 18, 2012

Claying with Noah

I haven't touch my polymer clay for, well let's say a long, long time, but it only took an interest from Noah for me to pull out my clay box, dust it off and jump right back in.  I thought I would be rusty but one of the things I love about polymer clay is that it is so forgiving.  We started by making monsters.  Mine is on the right.
Then we made a couple of farm animals from my Leisure Arts booklet "I Can't Believe I'm Sculpting Clay Figures."  I have several of my booklets in my Etsy store for sale right now.
                                                                He loved how they turned out!!!
Then last Wednesday we ventured down to Maureen's and her Center for Creative Arts in Jordan, MN.  She has kid's clay classes every Wednesday and I took Noah as I had his mother and uncle all those years ago.
It's truly a magical place and you can't help but smile as you look around at all the things she has on display.
                                                         Noah was so excited to be there.
 Maureen did a lot of demoing so we would know exactly what to do.  We were making a dragon.
       Finished dragons.  It was so cool to see all the creativity.  I love to see how creative kids can be.

                                                                Noah and Maureen
                                             My dragon which I sent home with Noah.
                                                                         Noah's dragon.
Maureen even had a giveaway at the end of class and Noah was lucky enough to win a copy of one of Maureen's books.  I made sure to have it autographed for him. 

Maureen was my first polymer clay teacher and that was over 20 years ago.  She's been a mentor and friend of mine ever since.  If you ever are in Minnesota, I highly recommend taking a class from her.  It is something you will never forget.  You can see what she has to offer on her website.  Her Wednesday kid's class schedule is here.  You just might see me and Noah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...