Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Milkweed


I've always loved milkweed especially during the Fall when the pods opened to release fluffy little seeds.  It reminds me of home and growing up.  We moved a lot when I was little.  I went to five different grade schools, three in one year.  And no matter where we settled, I could always find my beloved milkweed.  I loved to collect them and I would image little fairies living in the pods.

So I was surprised to see in all my years of walking the same route, to find milkweeds for the first time.  I decided to stop during my walk to bring some home.  I must of been a curiosity to a driver because he didn't pull out into the street until I had pulled the milkweeds I wanted and continued on with my walk.
 If you are wondering what I did with milkweed when I got home, here they are in my bathroom.  I sprayed them with hairspray.
I don't think I showed you a picture of the finished bathroom.  It's very, very tiny and we always do something strange with it.  Before this paint coat it was covered with leopard wallpaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...