Monday, February 11, 2013

Maedeup Monday!

I'm not one to participate in anything where "juried" is mentioned anywhere especially when it comes to my crafting.  I'm a work-in-progress kinda girl and being judged on my creations is difficult for me and something I tend to avoid.  But when I heard a call out for necklaces for one of those beautiful Lark 500 series books something told me to submit some maedeup and I listened to that voice and submitted these two pieces.

My intention was the possibility of seeing maedeup in a U.S. book other than my own. I am a really big fan of Lark and the books they publish.  They are gorgeous!  Rocketman did the photography and I was all over him that it had to be good, this was for Lark Books for goodness sakes.  I submitted the photos last summer and this week I received an email congratulating me that one of the necklaces made it into the book.
 
Right now, I have no idea which necklace is was.  The first necklace features beads made by Heather Powers of Humblebeads.  I simply adore her beads and I have been an avid buyer for years.  The second necklace is especially precious to me because it features a chilbo (Korean enameling) piece made by my Korean chilbo teacher, Nan-Young.  She would get a huge kick to see one of her pieces in a U.S. book.
 
The book is available for pre-order on Amazon right now.  It is called Showcase 500 Art Necklaces and will be out July 2, 2013. 
 
Both necklaces contain more complex maedeup knots and reminded me that I really need to do a book on these more complex knots.  My dream is to write a book along with a video demoing the knots.  Some like the photo step by steps whiles others prefer the video step by steps.  The only thing holding me back is Rocketman and the time he would also need to devote to the photography.  But I do think I will try to do it this year.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...