Thursday, July 11, 2013

Bojagi Bonanza!!!

I was able to get away to Seoul while Rocketman was recovering from surgery for a few hours to meet with my bojagi (Korean quilting), KJ. We met at Dongdaemun (where else) to do a little shopping. It was soooo good to see her. I have missed our weekly bojagi and chasu classes something fierce. We did some quick shopping and then she let me know of some bojagi exhibitions in Insadong and off we went.
I think we went to three but I lost count. On entering each exhibition I had her ask the curator if I could take pictures to which she was always told "annio." She would come back to me to tell me that I couldn't and most of the time she was interrupted by the same curator to say that of course, the foreigner can take all the pictures she (me) wants. They want me to promote bojagi to the world and were happy to have me there.  So be warned, this post is mostly pictures.

















                                               These are close-ups of the photo above.





 This was one of my favorites of all the pieces I saw. I could not stop looking at it. I loved it so much.
                                                    This is a close-up of the bottom.
And a close-up of the two hanbok tops in the piece. I would have loved to meet the woman who made this.










Add caption



















                                                    Absolutely loved these pieces too.
Do be sad that KJ wasn't allowed to take an photos, I sent her JPEGs of everything. Sometimes it's really good to be a foreigner in Korea! Wait to you see what KJ made for me. It deserves a post all of it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...