Tuesday, August 27, 2013

A Summer of Knitting

When we found out our niece was having a little girl, I knew I wanted to knit her a baby blanket. I loved the Jelly Beenz colors and picked a pattern I had found on-line. Rocketman has a hard time looking at this blanket because of the memories it brings back.
 
I brought the blanket along to work on during the 13 hour flight to and from Korea. I figured I would get a lot done not while we were in Korea but definitely during the flight. Little did I know I was able to spend 10 hours a day for three weeks while Rocketman had his crisis.
 
I love how it turned out and it brings back some bad memories as well but a lot of good ones. Every new nurse that came to see Rocketman would see the blanket and say, "예쁘다 "yeppuda or just yeppo for short with big smiles on their faces. They were very interested in my knitting. I took it with me all over the hospital from the Emergency Room to the Foreigner Medical Office to finally his hospital room.
 
But I mailed it off to our niece with blessings for a wonderful life for her new little girl and I hope she liked the blanket.

I thought I would get a break from knitting but we recently found out that our little girl is going to have her third baby, due in March. She picked out this yarn and I'm back to knitting. I'm using the same pattern because I love how it turned out. I have a lot of time to get this done but I am also working on a bojagi project which I hope to finish up in a few more months.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Grandma!!! I hope you guys get a girl because you and Rocketman would spoil her rotten!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...