Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sumi-e Class with Susan Frame

On Friday, I spent the entire day at the White Bear Center for the Arts at a sumi-e class taught by Susan Frame. I had thought my days of sumi-e classes was over when my teacher, Karen Jensen, moved to Iowa. I was so happy to see a class with Susan. We had a pretty large class with 13 of us. But Susan handled it beautifully.
The day was spent with demos by Susan and then lots of practice by us. These are all samples of Susan's demos. She also took the time to come around and help each of us numerous times.
                                                                          The time flew by.


                                             She also brought several completed paintings.


                      
Here is the Master at work.
                  As if that wasn't enough, Susan made each of us a little painting to take home.
     Now, I haven't painted for at least a year so I was pretty rusty but here are some of my paintings.
 





Susan said she will probably be teaching a class again at the Center in the Spring. If you can't wait that long, she does teach in her studio in Northeast Minneapolis. I highly recommend classes from her. She is truly a treasure and a joy to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...