Wednesday, April 23, 2014

2014 - Easter

Who decides to repaint during Easter weekend?  We do!  Our daughter and son-in-law are really building up their business and offered to paint for us. We needed our computer room (dining room), living room and also the walls and hallway going upstairs repainted.  The bad part was moving everything out of those two rooms and into the family room and kitchen.
This is my family room right now and I feel like I'm living an episode of "Hoarders." I can't imagine how people live that way.
But then again when Rocketman mentioned that we had too much stuff, I didn't hesitate to contradict that notion.
There is stuff everywhere!  I do agree we have too much furniture but I can't seem to get rid of any of it either. See the lotus lantern hanging from the kitchen light? Rocketman kept hitting his head on the light fixture so I added the lotus lantern and although he still hits his head on it from time to time at least it doesn't hurt.
                    This is the finished computer room. We went with a real neutral color.
This is the finished living room. We both love how it turned out.
The only good thing I can say about all the clutter is that Louie has found lots of hidey holes and he loves it.
We are also getting new carpeting. Louie approves of our choice. Now we just have to wait and see when they can install it.
Easter Sunday, the grandkids came over for Easter baskets and an Easter egg hunt. They had already had a bunch of Easter fun with their other grandparents. I really, really wanted to get an Easter photo of the boys.
It only took two takes!  Woohoo!  They were pretty tired by this time from all the fun. The painting was finished on Monday and I must say that they do a better job than Rocketman but don't tell him I said that.

But if you were wondering why I have been MIA for the last week, now you know what's been going on. I'll be so glad when it's all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...