Friday, September 26, 2014

Korean Hope

While in South Korea, I picked up an order from metal guy. I had him make charms that say "huimang" in hanguel which means hope.   You can find them as earrings in my Etsy shop.

While heading to the Sewol Exhibition with KJ, we passed through a tiny park where men were playing board games.  It's not an uncommon sight and fun to watch.
I paused to watch a game as we made our way to the exhibition. All of the sudden, both of the men stopped looking at the board and looked right at me. The only thing I could thing of doing was to raise my arm and say "Fighting!" which is Korean is pronounced "hwaiting." They started laughing and we continued on our way. It was a great memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...