Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class with Nan-Young 2014

On my way to my first chilbo class with Nan-Young, I saw this exhibition going on in a nearby building. The artist had made ceramic hanoks. Each one unique and different. I was going to be late for class so I stopped for just a moment, ran to class and brought Nan-Young back with me. She had no idea it was there.



                                          I bought this one for 30,000 WON ($30 USD).
                        Nan-Young bought a couple too and we even got these free gifts.
This is the artist. What a talent.
     In chilbo class, I made this hair piece.
 I also made this. Both were made out of sterling silver. I had forgotten how much I missed my classes.
                                                                          Finished!
Young-Soo had closed her noodle shop and now has a maedeup shop in the basement of a local building. She made this maedeup piece to go along with the chilbo. She took maedeup lessons from the same place that I took all those years ago.  A small world it is!
 Hannah went a long with us to my class and she took this picture of me and my peeps. From left to right: Young-Soo, me, Rocketman, Nan-Young and Metal guy. I love these guys so much.
                                                         I also ran into my bodyguard.
                                         Now if I could just get him to smile for a picture.
Rocketman took a lot of photos while we were in Suwon. Now if I could get Nan-Young to smile too!
                                                              This is outside her shop.
                                A very cool picture Rocketman took of Nan-Young's shop.
                                                                 Her storefront.
                                          Then we had bibimbap for dinner, Seoul-style.
                                                             A bowl of deliciousness!

1 comment:

  1. Annyoungshimnika ^^ Just came across your blog through Pinterest--your post about Bojagi--and wanted to get a better look at the stitching. (Haven't made a quilt yet, but sew/cross-stitch, etc) I just saw the pic you took of your friend's chilbo shop--and was wondering if anyone ever commented about the manja at the top-many people still think it's a 'swastika'--and don't realize it's one of the most ancient and auspicious symbols there is. Reading the rest of your blog. I'm from the US, and not Korean--but got into kpop in 2001--and after the music, everything else followed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...