Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

 
 
This is one of the projects that was not included in my booklet "All Covered Up!" but is perfect for today.  If you would like to pick up a copy of that booklet, you can find it in my Etsy Shop. It has lots of great projects at a great price.

Spring has finally appeared with warmer temperatures here in Minnesota. We need a new deck especially since a couple of the cement footings were pushed up during the brutal winter of 2013-2014 making our entire deck crooked. Because of the cost of home repairs, we've had to prioritize the list.  Last year was the year of the new cement driveway and this year we decided is the year of the new deck. You would think I would have a plethora of contractors eager for the job but you would be wrong. So far, I have had one no right off the bat and two that were kinda "Umph, I'm sooo busy..."

But today was a banner day, a deck contractor actually came out to our home and is giving us a bid. Hallelujah! You would think this is getting to be prime time for deck builders and they would be excited for the opportunity. Rocketman and I are really perplexed with the attitude I'd been getting just trying to get a bid.

I'm hoping the guy today comes in with a good bid because he was really nice and seemed like he would love the job. Go figure. He also has great ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...