Friday, December 11, 2015

Ikebana (Japanese Flower Arranging) Class

I hadn't been to an Ikebana class for well over a year so when I received the email that my teacher was teaching a December class I signed up immediately. I had missed a few classes due to babysitting the grandboys but she keeps track of each students progress and what design.  This time of year is wonderful for Ikebana, with all the Christmas colors and foliage to choose from. This is just some of what we had to work with.

This was my first time working with this arrangement and working with the moon and star kenza. She had specifically chosen the holly for me and this arrangement. I really love holly. This was my start. It really is the placement of each piece and the direction. It always needs to curve up.
Now for the flower placement.
                                                     Here is my finished ikebana. I love it!!!
 Here are my fellow student's arrangements. They were all working on upright forms. That's my next step.


My teacher has this opening in her entryway and this was her ikebana arrangement. So beautiful. I had a great time and even though I forgot a lot, my teacher was so very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...