Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bayfield Festival of Arts 2016

The Bayfield Festival of Arts is held every summer in Memorial Park in Bayfield, Wisconsin. The park is located on the shores of Lake Superior. The juried show showcases about 60 artists from all over the country. This was my first year attending and it did not disappoint.
                                                               The weather was perfect!
 I fell in love with the jewelry of Candy McFall. I came home with this beautiful bracelet but it was hard to choose a piece. Each piece was truly a work of art.

This booth had me at this ring. I have a Campbell's soup kid spoon that my mother gave me from my childhood. The silverware jewelry of The New Homestead Silvery Artistry takes antique silverware and gives it a contemporary spin.
 I also bought this smart phone stand. Who would have thought an old fork could turn into something so useful. I love it!

We also met this amazing fiber artist that blew us away with her talent. Painting with felt and thread, could there be anything more beautiful? Her name is Julie Crabtree. I just couldn't decide what to buy so Rocketman made it easy for me by saying "get it all!"
 
It is hard to capture the beautify of her work in a photograph. 

On  our drive to Bayfield, we stopped at a little restaurant for lunch which also happened to sell the work of local artists. I picked up this little watercolor while there.
 
Each artist that we met we felt their joy as they shared their work with us. There is no bigger thrill to me than to meet people doing what they love to do. I left the show with my purchases and a huge smile on my face. As I wear and display the items I bought, I will think of the artist and all the passion they put into their work. What a fantastic weekend!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...